Tuesday, September 2, 2008

New York Trip

Fireman at Ladder Co 10, the closest fire department to ground zero, they lost 7 men that day.
Construction at Ground Zero
They rode this ferris wheel in Toys R Us in Times Square
Lorie and Mylie in Times Square.
Battery Park picture
Don and Parker waiting to get on the train to go see the Yankees
Yankee Stadium
Meredith with her new doll and the doll that got a makeover at American Girl Place
Dinner at American Girl Cafe
Statue of Liberty on Ellis Island in background

We are back from our last big trip of the season. We had a great time. We stayed in Trenton, NJ and rode the train into Penn station on Saturday and Sunday. We were able to see everything we wanted to see. We enjoyed seeing Yankee stadium and watching the ballgame. We even rode the subway into the Bronx to catch the game. Our next stop was The American Girl Place in midtown Manhatten. Meredith was just in awe. Actually we all were. Don was able to get us all reservations to eat at the American Girl Cafe for dinner on Saturday night and that was the highlight of Meredith's trip probably mine too. It was awesome. On Sunday we went sight seeing and saw Ground Zero, Statue of Liberty, Empire State building, Macy's and upper East side, the west side and Times Square. Lorie and I even bought pocket books in China Town. Now that is a story you will need to get in person from me. It was great. This was one of the best trips we have ever been on excluding Disney. I will post some pictures but I only have about 300 so not enough room on here for them all. Thanks Mamaw and Grandaddy for the Yankee tickets and everything else.

8 comments:

Robin said...

Told ya that NYC was something you had to experience!! But how do they shop, like for groceries and stuff? That's always what I wonder.

Tanja said...

I'm with Robin. I remember wondering the same thing in NYC. I'm going to be asking you about those pocket books! :-)

The Harrison's said...

We need to plan a girls trip up there to shop and see a play. I have always wanted to do that!

~cassie~ said...

We are planning our trip right now...for the last week of September...We are so excited...You need to give me some pointers...about what to do ect...Shoot me an email, and tell me where you stayed? We are getting ready to make reservations...Talk to you soon...

Nicole said...

I am so, so jealous. Duffer wanted so badly to see Yankee Stadium before they tore it down but since it looks like we'll be moving again soon...that isn't in the cards.

I am so glad you had a great time!!!

BethAnne said...

Did buying the purses include being taken down the street into a warehouse and being locked in a room while you "shop"???? Not that I would know anything about that.

Amie Mumpower said...

Yes, it did have a little to do with something about a downstairs closet.

Jerica Smith said...

What an awesome trip! It looks like you all had a blast! I'm finally getting caught up with you all-I'm so behind...! Gotta hear the pocket book stories too!! Also it is so precious about your grandmother's bible-makes me want to cry! :) Love you guys!

About Me

My photo
This is a way for everyone to keep up with what we are doing.